If you have been skipping out on the gym and eating a whole enchilada of unhealthy foods, we got good news for you – here are some effective tips to help you speed up the weight-loss process and get in good shape. The following list of advice will make you feel and look great.
1. Drink Tea
Green tea is a well of inexhaustible health benefits. Because it contains caffeine, its regular consumption will improve your metabolism and thus help with weight loss. We must not forget that it is rich in antioxidants, very beneficial to the heart and has a major impact on cancer prevention.
- What to do: Instead of drinking coffee or ordinary tea every day, drink green tea. One or two cups with breakfast and lunch will be great for you.
2. Royal Breakfast
There is a common saying: “Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.” When you are trying to lose weight, it is important to have a healthy breakfast every day because it kicks your metabolism into higher gear. Your metabolism weakens throughout the day so it is best to eat a higher percentage of the daily intake of food early in the morning.
- What to do: People who want to control their appetite should eat breakfast rich in protein every morning. We recommend porridge with dried fruit or two boiled eggs with a whole-wheat bagel and fat-free cheese.
3. Snacks During the Day
Make sure to eat something (healthy, of course) between meals. Research has shown that snacks during the day help relieve hunger.
- What to do: You should always have nuts such as almonds, walnuts or dried hazelnuts on you – that way you will never be tempted to eat chocolate or chips. The fruit is also very good, especially plums or berries.
4. Watch How Much You Eat
5. Spice up Your Food
Capsaicin, which is found in chilli peppers, can lead to weight loss, appetite suppression, and metabolism enhancement by increasing heart rate and body temperature.
- What to do: Try and incorporate chilli peppers into your everyday diet, e.g. you can eat them in sandwiches.
6. Protein Intake
Research has shown that high protein levels in diet help you feel full longer, which reduces the feeling of hunger, keeps your appetite under control and helps with weight loss.
7. Drink Water
Water is inevitable for every weight loss plan. Experts say we need about half a cup of water for every 100 calories we lose. Also, when you are on a diet, your body produces more waste as you begin to burn fat. Because of this, the kidneys need a constant water supply to wash out the waste and keep your metabolism healthy.
- What to do: Make sure not to mistake thirst for hunger. Drink water throughout the whole day. Drinking water before meals also helps fill the stomach and increases the chances of losing weight because you eat less when you drink plenty of water.
Grapefruit is rich in fiber and has a low glycemic index, which makes it useful for weight loss. As an additional convenience, grapefruit also contains ingredients that help prevent cancer.
- What to do: Eat grapefruit for breakfast or as an afternoon snack. Also, try to sprinkle it with cinnamon or make a fruit salad.